Pages

Friday, November 1, 2013

Flash Back

Though, I was excited to be chosen a Group Co-ordinator I was equally feeling responsible for it. For me it meant several important jobs, while I was slowly analysing the group dynamics, the very next Monday I happen to hear that one of the Team member who was initially part of the team had withdrawn himself and had joined another team to go a different place. Natural tendency is to assume many things especially if that person, was eager to be Coordinator. I spoke to that person personally and got to hear that he was interested to travel long distance and to a place far away from his home state which was Kerala.  He even added that it was just this and nothing like leadership or ego something like that. Oh…!!! (Now my assumptions are narrowed down on something and I could not do anything if the person is not interested)... it is ok, so long as nobody carries any hard feelings. And more over you cannot force anything on anyone.


      I started my stride as Group Co-ordinator. It was a good journey in which I discovered many fascinating things about team dynamics.  As part of my responsibility as Group Co-ordinator I had to call Gautham and touch base with Sarang Organisation I still remember the first call and the first email, from there on our ( NGO and my teams')travel together jump started. Also was my responsibility to conduct team meetings, like in any teammeetings, many would not turn up. More annoying would be when they wouldn't even intimate. There had been times when, even after sending emails and SMSs, there was just one or two turning up (including me). I could not figure out what was the reason? I vividly remember in one of the meetings I had even said, I was ok to step down if they had any issues with me, still no positive or negative response. A negative response is far better than NO response. So now I think you can better understand how I would have felt. 

       Eventually things started to fall in place, there came time we had to book tickets, Me & Janaki Raman worked in tandem to book the tickets so that we get seats atleast in the same boogie.
Meanwhile, there were good exchange of emails between me and Gautham Sarang and one day I came with an idea of conference call with my team and Organisation before the travel, so that all are in the same page. It was wonderful success; I felt the team getting into the groove from this moment. Just when I thought things were all fine, one of the team member discontinued the Programme from the University. There were ups and downs in the journey. Just like they it as Roller Coaster ride. Are you ready go further…Come on let travel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment